Young minds of this generation, due to examinations, are going through lot of anxiety leading to stress and pressure. But SEAMO is a kind of Olympiad which aims at friendly and fair competition among the youth.
SEAMO, (South East Asian Mathematical Olympiad) was initiated by Terry Chew Institute of Mathematical Olympiad (TCIMO), located in Singapore. SEAMO is regulated and conceived by the mathematicians and experts of TCIMO. TCIMO is involved in making mind boggling questions to assess and recognise child’s skill of solving problems. It encourages all categories of students to think on the solution approach to a problem.
Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Jakarta, Philippines, Brunei, Indonesia, and Timor-Leste are the 12 Asian countries where about 40,000 students participated in SEAMO last year.
The only objective of SEAMO, in India, is to provide a stage for the Indian students to compete with the students South East Asian Countries and represent their skills internationally. SEAMO is introduced in 55 cities of India, along with 100 test centers.
The VISION of SEAMO is to motivate the students to participate in the Olympiad allowing them to envision their skills at solving problems and preparing them for future competitions at higher levels.
Objectives of SEAMO
- SEAMO focuses on promoting excellence amongst students of Class V-XII.
- Aims at providing practical vision to the students.
- It encourages students to solve the problems, based on logical thinking, resulting to the growth of their analytical understanding.
The concept of “High Order Thinking” and learning through personalized report is used by SEAMO to encourage the ability of the student.
Benefits of SEAMO
- It provides the international platform for the students ,especially for Classes V-IX, which not only builds their thinking abilities and skills , but also builds confidence within them.
- According to performance of the students, they get ranks both at
- National level and at International level which is based on relative marking.
- SEAMO’s key attraction, unlike other Olympiads, is its report based of Performance Analysis.
Students will be able to identify their strength and weaknesses and will work upon it which will prepare them for other competitive exams.
- SEAMO encourages all categories of students to experience, assess their skill base and benchmark their performance. Whereas most of the other Olympiads follow a filtration process wherein only the best student progress to the next level and others are required to exit, this is achieved by keeping the exam at very high difficulty level.
- Progressive Improvement tracking opportunity is given to the students every year, just to boost their confidence.
The top 0.025% of students who qualify will get a gold plate and a certificate. Next 1% will be rewarded with a silver plate and a certificate. Next 2% will get a bronze plate and certificate. Also, each participant will get a participation certificate. This criteria is same for all other countries.
This year SEAMO Olympiad will be single stage MCQ exam. The registration begins from 15thMay , 2017 and ends on 31st July, 2017. The exam date is 6th August, 2017. It will be a two-hour exam. Result date is 25th August, 2017. The Fee is INR 1150 for juniors and INR 1350 for seniors.
For More Info: visit www.seamoindia.com